Root 3D Printing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using OSX or Linux to generate .wtk for offline printing on Root Plus

Go down

Using OSX or Linux to generate .wtk for offline printing on Root Plus Empty Using OSX or Linux to generate .wtk for offline printing on Root Plus

Post by jmsgomes Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi!

Has anyone been able to generate .wtk files using Mac OS X or Linux (for offline printing on Root Plus)?

I contacted GP3D support and they say it's not supported, but I suspect that it's "just" a matter of:

1. using Cura (or some equivalent slicer) to slice a suitable .stl model and generate the compatible .gcode - requires a custom profile tailored for the Root Plus. Has the added bonus of being able to generate GCODE more towards one's liking than what Germinate might do.
  2. using GPX (some suitable branch/build thereof) to compile said GCODE and generate a .x3g binary.
  3. [not so sure] renaming the .x3g to .wtk.
  4. Profit!

I tried to accomplish this a while ago (when I had spare time) but couldn't get the printer to do anything to the point where I was wholly uncertain if I was doing any part correctly. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried this with success and would like to share their feat :-)

Cheers,

--

jmsgomes

Back to top Go down