Root 3D Printing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recalibrate After Platform "Drops"

2 posters

Go down

Recalibrate After Platform "Drops" Empty Recalibrate After Platform "Drops"

Post by jetstreamblue Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:25 am

I wasn't thinking and switched off my Root with the platform not in home position, which caused the steppers to release and the platform to drop. I went ahead and turned it back on for the next print, and of course in a rush I decided to just press print and walk away instead of waiting for the extruder and platform to warm up and making sure it started properly.

A few hours later I remember and come back to a mess of filament string all over. I thought for some reason it didn't adhere, but checking my time lapse video (yes, it's actually useful!) I see that it was printing from 1 inch off the platform. So it seems that the drop caused the printer to completely lose its calibration.

So, tip is to always recalibrate if for any reason you drop the platform with an unexpected power off.

jetstreamblue

Back to top Go down

Recalibrate After Platform "Drops" Empty Re: Recalibrate After Platform "Drops"

Post by Asphalt Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:54 pm

It takes a few more minutes between prints, but i re-meter for Z before every slice.

Asphalt
Admin

https://rootprinting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jetstreamblue Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:08 pm

It's really strange... After that failed print, I re-metered Z, and it was off from the previous value by only 0.1 mm. I'm thinking that the printer just had a glitch during that particular print.

jetstreamblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down