Root 3D Printing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GP3D no longer working on the printer

5 posters

Go down

GP3D no longer working on the printer Empty GP3D no longer working on the printer

Post by Audiogrin Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:55 pm

I emailed the company about 100 micron printing. I got the sad reply.

I am sorry to inform you that we are no longer working on that project and are back
to focusing on filaments.

Thank you again for being a GP3D customer.

Regards,

GP3D Team

Audiogrin

Back to top Go down

GP3D no longer working on the printer Empty Re: GP3D no longer working on the printer

Post by ModernGnome Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:03 pm

It's a bit ironic, considering the (Weistek-manufactured) GP3D Root is the one and only decent Kickstarter-funded 3D printer I've ever supported -- and I've backed several, most of which have been huge disappointments. My Root printer, in contrast, has paid for itself many times over, and is still going strong. Aside from a replacement fan I had to install after stupidly allowing a piece of filament to damage the fan blades, I've had to do no maintenance. I'd certainly buy another Weistek-manufactured printer, if this is an indication of the factory's typical level of build quality.

ModernGnome

Back to top Go down

GP3D no longer working on the printer Empty Re: GP3D no longer working on the printer

Post by Asphalt Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Any more word from them on this? I love my printer and it is very disappointing that they won't be creating anything more down the line.

Asphalt
Admin

https://rootprinting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jetstreamblue Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Indeed, it's disappointing that there's no more updates for this printer, and we're stuck with the very limited slicing options with the Germinate software. I agree with ModernGnome, this is a well built printer that pretty much worked straight out of the box. Print quality can be better, but it is trouble free and consistent. This printer is also extremely forgiving working with different brands/batchs of filaments from different sources.
We have a Prusa i3 (official kit) at work and it's constant playing with settings and messing around just to keep it printing. Every time we get a new batch of filaments we have to mess around again to figure out how to get it to print properly

jetstreamblue

Back to top Go down

Post by gpiffle Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:30 am

VERY disappointing... I need parts to get mine to work again, and I just sent an e-mail to them.
maybe they will tell me what I need and where to get it.?

gpiffle

Back to top Go down

Post by Asphalt Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:11 am

I can honestly say that the ease of use for this printer is the only reason I am still doing it. I have had to fix some for a few colleagues and let me tell you, this one has me spoiled. If it does I may have to look into getting one directly from weistek if that is possible.

Asphalt
Admin

https://rootprinting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down