Root 3D Printing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck in one spot

2 posters

Go down

Stuck in one spot Empty Stuck in one spot

Post by Asphalt Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:52 pm

This pyramid printed great for about 25% then I don't know if the plate jumped up or what, but I found it stuck in one spot, building up a large blob.

Stuck in one spot Img_2113

Asphalt
Admin

https://rootprinting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Stuck in one spot Empty Re: Stuck in one spot

Post by ModernGnome Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:51 am

For what it's worth, I had both of these problems -- sudden shifts in X-position and hot-end blobs due to sudden stops in X-motion entirely -- on my MakerBot Replicator 2 when the X-axis electrical connection cable broke. So, if this occurs semi-randomly, but most commonly when the print head is in a particular location on the print surface (in my case, it was always when the print head was in a particular area, thus the cable was bent a certain way), that could be the cause. 

As noted in the "jump to the right" thread, if this also occurs when printing from SD card, that's a strong indication that it could be an X-axis wiring issue. If it is, the good news is that it's probably fairly trivial to replace that cable (and it's covered under GP3D's warranty, of course). On my Makerbot, there's not even any soldering required.

ModernGnome

Back to top Go down

Post by Asphalt Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:28 am

It has only happened the once, and that was over a week ago. So, it appears it may have been a temporary glitch. I re-ran the print again right afterwards and it came out fine.

Asphalt
Admin

https://rootprinting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum