It takes a jump to the right.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It takes a jump to the right.

Post by Asphalt on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:53 pm

The most common issue I have had is the print taking a giant leap to the right when it starts to put the separation layer on the raft. Anyone else seen this?

Asphalt
Admin

View user profile http://rootprinting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It takes a jump to the right.

Post by ModernGnome on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:37 am

If it had been "just a jump to the left," I would have known it was doing The Time Warp. Laughing

metrolyrics.com/the-time-warp-lyrics-rocky-horror-picture-show.html

I had one file that had a similar problem. Reslicing the model fixed it. (I rotated it before reslicing, which may or may not have had anything to do with it.) If the issue persists after reslicing, try repairing your model using Netfabb Basic or Microsoft's free online model fixing service. (cloud.netfabb.com)

ModernGnome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asphalt on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:42 am

I don't know if this is actually related to the problem, but this only happens when there is a large period of time between slicing and printing.

Asphalt
Admin

View user profile http://rootprinting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ModernGnome on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:36 am

Were you printing from Germinate running on a USB-connected PC when that issue occurred? Or were you printing from an SD card? If the former, Open the GCODE from the PC in Notepad and see if there are any spurious X-axis movements embedded in the file. If not, at least we are narrowing down the possible causes. 

It's unlikely (but not impossible, of course) that the X-axis wiring is defective. However, if the issue is semi-random that might be the issue. 

If it's an X-axis hardware issue, it would almost certainly also occur when printing X3G files from SD card, that's worth testing. 

If SD printing works reliably, then perhaps it's an issue related to the fact that the machine control controls are active while the PC is connected via USB. 

Maybe something in your Windows environment is causing spurious click-events to affect the "Machine Control" X-position? When this happens to me, it's usually my cat. :-)

ModernGnome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top